The Teachers in Y2 are Mrs Murray, Mrs Proffitt and Mrs Shaw.
The Teaching Assistants are Miss Harper, Mrs Harrison and Mrs Jones.
We have a wide choice of books.We like to read poetry, stories, plays and information books. We have fun writing things: adventure stories, postcards, invitations and many other things! We learn how to join our letters together in our handwriting. We like to share our ideas and listen carefully to others. We can borrow interesting library books every week to take home and share.
In Maths we...
- We work with numbers up to 100 (and beyond)
- We look for patterns in numbers
- We work together to solve problems
- We learn about different measure and how to use them
- We explore 2-D and 3-D shapes
- We learn how to use pounds and pence
- We learn about fractions of shapes and numbers
We investigate different materials, we discover how things change and we find out about ourselves and other living things.
- We use computers to share our ideas through writing and drawing.
- We explore the internet and learn about e-mails.
- We look forward to our weekly visit to the ICT suite and working with our partners.
- We learn to create and edit simple computer programmes.
We learn about different religions including Islam and Christianity. We learn about values within our local community.
During Y2 we enjoy finding out about:
- Mega structures - including homes and other buildings in the local area and around the world.
- The Sheffield Flood of 1864
- The Fire of London.
- World Kitchen - Where does our food come from? Meals around the world and Healthy Eating.
- Florence Nightingale.
- Natural Treasures of the world (living and non-living)
- Man made treasures (including map work)
- Life Cycles
Educational Visits and Visitors
In Year 2 we have lots of different experiences;
- Cooking dishes from around the world.
- Walks around our local area to find out about different homes and man-made structures.
- A walk around The Sheffield Flood site.
- A visit from Warburtons, The Baker
Each half term we set some tasks for parents to complete at home with their child- you can select the activities from the Homework Menu. We have a display board in school waiting for all of your creations.
Treasures of the Natural World Theme 3
Curriculum Information for Parents
Please see the following documents for information about the curriculum taught in each theme, special events and how you can help at home.
Y2 Spring 2/ Summer 1 2019 curriculum overviewsummer 1.docx