We aim to build a school community of successful learners that promotes respect; where everyone feels valued and able to reach their full potential.
Values of our School
- We value the potential and contributions of every individual.
- We value the way in which all members of our community are unique. We respect each person for their views, for who they are, and we treat them with fairness and honesty.
- We value our environment and we aim, through our curriculum and practices, to teach respect for our world, and how we should care for it for future generations as well as our own.
- We value the promotion of co-operation and understanding between all members of our diverse community.
- We value and promote the importance of a healthy lifestyle.
- We value the rights enjoyed by each person in our community and society. We recognise the responsibilities that go with them.
At Shooters Grove, we aim to:
- Provide a friendly, caring and supportive environment where children feel valued and secure
- Promote a positive attitude towards learning that allows children to achieve their potential in all areas.
- Combine high standards of teaching and learning with a broad and rich curriculum.
- Ensure all children leave the school as literate and numerate individuals who can communicate effectively.
- Foster children’s awareness of their responsibility as a learner and a citizen, developing a respect, understanding and tolerance of different ways of life.
- Establish effective partnerships with parents and the community.
- Equip children with the knowledge needed to lead a healthy lifestyle.
- Value everyone within the school community both as an individual and as a member of the team.
- Encourage self-motivation and build self-esteem.
We believe that appropriate teaching and learning experiences help children to lead a happy and rewarding life.